Welcome to the Youth Entrepreneur Showcase (Y.E.S.) for Arkansas!
Y.E.S. is open to all 5th-8th grade students in the state.
There is no cost to enter!
Teams can be classroom-based, from virtual school, or can be from any after school, church, or other youth program.
In addition to a getting a real-world entrepreneur education experience, winning students AND TEACHERS are awarded cash prizes and more!
The 2022 Y.E.S. competition will be virtual.
- September 27 – Team application window opens on YouNoodle
- November 7 – Business plans due
- December 10 – Virtual Announcement of Top 25 Finalist Teams (watch this page for the link)
- January 21 – Virtual Expo Day for Top 25 finalists
Watch Presentations from our 2021 Winners!
Why is Y.E.S. important to 5th-8th graders
AND to Arkansas?
- It brings a unique level of awareness to entrepreneur education not found elsewhere on a statewide scale – Y.E.S. encourages a pipeline of future entrepreneurs for the state.
- It benefits all students – whether or not they become entrepreneurs – because they gain learning experiences that will likely serve them well in their future careers.
- It’s real-world, designed to mirror the same steps the grownups have to go through if they want to launch a business idea or improve upon an existing one.
- It’s hands-on. Students are responsible for writing the business plan. They have to figure out how their idea will work, how it can be brought to market, do the math to see if it can make money, and more.
- Students must engage their core reading, writing, and math skills to write the business plan.
- Students must also use their soft skills – creativity, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, teamwork, responsibility to others, and more as they move through the competition process.
Y.E.S. is a fantastic way to invest in Arkansas’s
future innovators and entrepreneurs!
Arkansas Youth Impacted
Business Plans Entered
in CASH Awarded
CASH prizes will be awarded to the winning teams – that includes the students AND their teachers/mentors!
Previous Winners and Videos From the Past
Y.E.S. has been around longer than some of today’s competitors! More than 9,000 students have competed since the first competition in 2006. Who were the winners?