- Y.E.S. for Arkansas is open to any Arkansas elementary, middle, or home-schooled student currently enrolled in grades 5-8.
- Team members can be in the same grade or a combination of grades 5-8. In cases in which participating schools also have 9th-grade students, any teams formed that include 9th-grade students will need to compete in the Y.E.S. for Arkansas 2.0 competition.
- Team size is limited to six members.
- Teams can be from classrooms, after-school clubs and organizations, churches, etc.
- All teams must be sponsored by a 5th- through 8th-grade teacher. Arkansas Economic Acceleration Foundation (AEAF) will consider a sponsor who is not a teacher, but this must be approved by AEAF before business plans are submitted. Please notify AEAF by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsors cannot be a parent or other relative of any team member.
- Sponsors may have more than one team in the competition.
- The business plans must reflect that the business idea is a for-profit product or service. Non-profit concepts are not eligible. The product or service cannot be fictional in nature.
- Each team may submit only one plan in the competition.
- Business plans must represent the original work of each team.
- Not every circumstance can be anticipated. AEAF reserves the right to disqualify any team that violates the rules, regulations, or the spirit of the competition. All Y.E.S. for Arkansas competitors and sponsors are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical manner.
Submissions and judging for Y.E.S. for Arkansas are processed through iStart.org, a project of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. To participate, the sponsor must create an iStart account.
Ready to sign up? Go to http://arcapital.com/aeaf/yes/yes-registration for instructions on how to create an account.
If you already have an iStart account, go directly to http://yesforarkansas2016.istart.org and log in from that page.