- Y.E.S. for Arkansas is open to all Arkansas public, private, or home-school students enrolled in grades 5 – 8 during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Team members can be in the same grade or a combination of grades 5 – 8. In cases in which participating schools also have 9th-grade students, any teams formed that include 9th-grade students will need to compete in the Y.E.S. for Arkansas 2.0 competition.
- The maximum team size is six members.
- Competitors can be from classrooms, extra-curricular clubs and organizations, church groups, etc.
- All teams must be sponsored by a teacher or other adult pre-approved by AEAF before business plans are submitted. Please contact Marie Bruno at mbruno@arcapital. com or 501-374-9247.
- Sponsors cannot be a parent or other relative of any team member.
- Sponsors may have more than one team in the competition.
- Only one plan can be submitted by a team.
- The business plans must reflect that the business idea is a for-profit product or service. Non-profit concepts are not eligible. The product or service cannot be fictional in nature.
- Business plans must represent the original work of each team.
Not every circumstance can be anticipated. AEAF reserves the right to disqualify any team that violates the rules, regulations, or the spirit of the competition. All Y.E.S. for Arkansas competitors and sponsors are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical manner.
Submissions and judging for Y.E.S. for Arkansas are processed through StartupCompete.co. To participate, the sponsor must create a StartupCompete.co account. (If you already have an iStart.org account, you do not need to set up a new account.)
Ready to sign up? Go to https://arcapital.com/aeaf/yes/yes-registration for instructions on how to create an account.
If you already have a Startup Compete or iStart account, go directly to http://yesforarkansas2016.startupcompete.co and log in from that page.