- Y.E.S. for Arkansas is open to any Arkansas elementary, middle, or home-schooled student currently enrolled in grades 5-8.
- Teams can be from classrooms, after-school clubs and organizations, churches, etc.
- All teams must be sponsored by a 5th – 8th grade teacher. AEAF will consider a sponsor who is not a teacher, but this must be approved by the Arkansas Economic Acceleration Foundation before business plans are submitted. Please notify AEAF at firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposed sponsor cannot be a parent or other relative of any team member.
- Sponsors may have more than one team in the competition.
- Team size is limited to 6 members. Members can be in the same grade or represent a combination of grades 5-8.
- The business plans must reflect that the business idea is a for-profit product or service. Non-profit concepts are not eligible. The product or service cannot be fictional in nature.
- Each team may submit only one plan in the competition.
- Business plans must represent the original work of each individual and team. Y.E.S. competitors and sponsors are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical manner.
Submissions and judging for Y.E.S. for Arkansas are processed through iStart.org, a project of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. To participate, the sponsor must create an iStart account.
Ready to sign up? Go to http://arcapital.com/aeaf/yes/yes-registration for instructions on how to create an account.
If you already have an iStart account, go directly to http://yesforarkansas2015.istart.org and log in from that page.