- The Youth Entrepreneurship Showcase (Y.E.S.) for Arkansas Expo Day is Friday, January 17, 2014, at Park Plaza Mall, 6000 W. Markham St., Little Rock. (Get Directions)
- Teams need to arrive at Park Plaza by 9:00 a.m. AEAF received confirmation January 15 that the company setting up the booths will be able to fit them all on the third level. Follow the directions to the parking deck on the north side of the property. Park on the third level (the entrance to the deck is on the left as you turn left off of University Avenue, just north of the intersection with Markham Street.The Y.E.S. registration booth will be just inside the entrance from the third level parking deck and will open promptly at 9:00 a.m. Although the doors to the mall open at 6:00 a.m. for mall-walkers, please do not expect to register or set up before 9:00 a.m.Because all booths will now be on one level, the AEAF staff has made the decision to assign booths to teams. For teachers with multiple teams, your teams’ booths will be clustered within a reasonable distance of each other. You will not have to worry about taking a chance of drawing booth numbers that could result in your booths being at opposite ends of the mall. This should alleviate the security and monitoring concerns some of you and your administrators have expressed to us.
- All booths must be set up by 10:00 a.m. – all equipment and boxes used to load in must be placed back in vehicles – they cannot be left around the booths.
- Each booth will be 8 feet wide and 6 feet deep. Each booth will have a 6-foot skirted table with two chairs. Each booth will have an 8-foot black drape in the back and 3-foot drapes on the sides. Electricity will be available at every booth.
- The Expo will be from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The judging period for team booths will be from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please ensure the booths are staffed with team members during this time. The Awards Ceremony will be from 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. on the east side of the 2nd floor in front of Dillard’s men’s department.
- Tear down of the booths can be from 1-1:30 p.m. or after the Awards Ceremony.
- There will be no formal lunch break – students and adults can break for lunch at any time, but the booth should be staffed at all times.
- There will be people buying the teams’ products – be prepared to make change for purchases.
- We know students and teachers will have a lot of supporters coming with them. Be thinking about how to avoid overcrowding in booths throughout the 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. period.
We expect to have additional and definitive information from the event contractor and the mall after the beginning of the year. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 501.374.9247.