Below is provided to assist you with getting a D-U-N-S number.
Getting a D-U-N-S Number
Before we can receive an SBA guarantee, every small business will need to obtain a Dun & Bradstreet, or D-U-N-S, Number, which is a unique nine-digit identification number for each physical location of your business. D-U-N-S Number assignment is free for all businesses.
What do I need to get my D-U-N-S Number?
When registering for a D-U-N-S Number, the small business will need the following on hand:
- Legal name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
- Physical address, city, state and ZIP Code
- Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at your physical location
- Whether you are a Home-Based Business
How do they get a D-U-N-S Number?
Getting your D-U-N-S Number is easy. Visit D-U-N-S Request Service to obtain more detailed instructions on applying for your D-U-N-S Number.